Through the second half of 2016 and into 2017, I will be undertaking a semi-structured program of professional development, focusing on my work as a Curator & Producer of Performance.
From the end of June, I’m departing my role as Program Manager of Metro Arts in order to focus on…
- Postgraduate study at Wesleyan University’s Institute for Curatorial Practice in Performance,
- Producing and public programs work with Portland Institute of Contemporary Art for their 2016 TBA Festival,
- Associate curatorial work and responsive writing for Venice International Performance Art Week‘s 2016 iteration,
- Producing assistance with PS122 in New York, for their 2017 COIL Festival and Spring season.
I’ll be writing about my learnings, experiences, and reflections here along the way.
For this amazing string of programs and experiences, I’ve been lucky enough to gain support via…
- Australia Council for the Arts,
- Arts Queensland,
- Brisbane City Council’s Lord Mayor’s Young & Emerging Artist’s Fellowship,
- Copyright Arts Limited’s Career Development Fund,
- and the American Australian Association’s Dame Joan Sutherland Fund
A huge thanks and acknowledgement to all of these organisations.